From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Jessica Adams, a teacher popular for sharing #TuesdayTechTips shares her journey of creating a personal website and her journey to create a personal brand. We discuss what website she used, how she picked her name, her colors, her logo, and fonts and her journey. With the holidays coming up, now is a great time for educators to work on their personal website and brand. She discusses the importance of not only student voice, but teacher voice and how it makes her feel to have a personal website. We also discussed the protection a personal website gives for you as a personal brand.
How I Built My Teacher Website and My Personal Brand
Jessica Adams, School Technology Coordinator
- #TechTipTuesday on Twitter (it is also on other sites) See all her slides for these.
- Tony Vincent – Classy Sites Course
- Tony Vincent
- All the Tabs – Jessica’s Personal Website
- Google Blogger
- Google Drawings – how she created her logo
- Google Sites – it now lets you control your theme, Jessica shares how she uses it. Vicki shares how her students build on Google Sites and we discuss its versatility for use in the classroom and how to keep it private (and not publish on the web.)
- WordPress – what Vicki uses for her website.
- Coolors – a coordinating color palette generator. Jessica & Vicki used to pick their colors.
Jessica Adams is a Local School Technology Coordinator in Hoschton, GA. During her 20+ years in education, she has taught science, math, PBL, STEM, and video production. She loves learning about technology and helping teachers integrate it into their classrooms.
Disclosure of Material Connection: This is a “sponsored podcast episode.” The company who sponsored it compensated me via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value to include a reference to their product. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers and are from companies I can recommend. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
The post How I Built My Website and Brand with Jessica Adams appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!